Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

I am 34, married to a wonderful man - Jason. We've been together for 12 years now - and married for 8. I'm a Mama of 2 boys and one gorgeous baby girl!

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ok.. so I was slack this week. Sorry about that my darling boys - but it was a busy, busy one for your Mama. I've been up most nights of the week working on various sewing projects, with the hope that someone will actually like what I create and buy them from me - any income is good income.
Camp had a good week. His right front/side tooth FINALLY broke through. Now he's got his 2 center fronts, and the side right - and his side left should be officially broken through any time. I hate when he teethes - I know he's uncomfortable and ouchy. I think this is why we have to go through all this stuff as babies - so we won't remember it. I still adore the way Camp says "Go Kah!" Ahhh.. a future Gamecock!!!
Camp also had his 1st official swimming lesson today. I was expecting us just to basically get in the water and splash around for 45 minutes or so. We got there, changed and stepped out into the pool area and Camp immediately began to cry. He was scared. So I picked him up - he *slightly* lessoned his complaints... but was making it clear he was NOT happy. So - we put our stuff down, met the instructor - Ingrid (very nice, by the way - English, I think). And then we gently and slowly got in the water. Camp complained for a bit more - so we sat on the edge of the pool until class started. I was impressed with the kids in the class. All around Camp's age - some had obviously been in the water quite a bit more than my boy - but some, not so much. Anyway - we started off by singing "this is the way we... wash our face, wash our hands, kick our legs, wash our hair" just to get the kiddos warmed up. It worked. Ingrid then showed us how to get them to blow bubbles in the water. Camp did twice!! And then drank half the pool. Then - the next task was to get them to the edge of the pool, have them latch on with their hands, and with our assistance, climb out. A little toy motivation was all it took for Camper. He found these little water balls and LOVED them. He was sitting on the edge of the pool and chucked them in - then - on the count of three - I lifted him into the pool and he went and got them. By then end of class he was jumping into my arms. Very brave. The only thing he did NOT like was the part where the kids had to be on their backs - I think it bothered his ears. After class, Jason picked us up and Camp was sound asleep within 5 minutes. Love this kid.
Andy is doing more and more every day. He's now sitting up pretty well - and putting anything and everything that's within his reach into his mouth. I think he has a swollen spot on his right lower jaw - and he's drooling a bunch more. He's also had a bit of a cold this week. Poor monkey. He's started doing blowing raspberries as well. Growing too fast. One thing about Andy - I adore his little smile. I think my favorite thing in the entire universe is to go and get him out of bed in the morning - and when he sees me, his whole face lights up and he wiggles and just grins. It makes my heart sing. I can't imagine my life without my little Pandy. Tonight, I had peas for him to eat. Let's just say - he doesn't like peas all that much right now. We'll try it again - but boy - the look on his little face - and the peas all over the place - pretty much indicated it was not gonna happen tonight.
Tomorrow is Charlie's birthday party. It was supposed to be last weekend, but Ford was awfully sick and running a fever, so Beth postponed it a week. Which is fine. It's actually really sweet. Tomorrow is Mother's Day - and Charlie was born on Mother's Day last year - May 8th.. how fitting that his 1st birthday party is on Mother's Day too. I think it's nice. I found a cute toy for Choo Choo - along with the other surprise thing that we're getting him. I can't say what it is - in case Beth reads this before tomorrow. LOL! But - I think she'll like it! I know Charlie will! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow. And it's Mother's Day!!! I never imagined I'd be so happy just to be a Mama. My boys are gifts enough - they are all I ever need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home