Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

I am 34, married to a wonderful man - Jason. We've been together for 12 years now - and married for 8. I'm a Mama of 2 boys and one gorgeous baby girl!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's been a while, so I thought I'd check in and let you know all that's been happening with the 2 cutest boys in the universe. And they are! Nooo - I'm not biased!
Well - we moved to our new house on July 10th. I was in Washington the day the boys came home from spending the weekend with Grammie and Granddaddy - but J said that Camp was so funny. It took him a minute to warm up, but then he recognized the furniture and was fine from then on. Andy broke his 1st tooth on July 12th! It's SO cute. Just the smallest sliver of a tooth poking through. I checked him last night - and it looks as if his 2nd tooth - the bottom right, will be coming through any day now. What a trooper.
Camp is a little parrot! He's talking more and more. It was so funny - the other morning, I was washing dishes while the boys ate breakfast and Camp yells "MAMA!" I look at him - he points to the chair - and says *very* sternly "Mama sit!" Well now - alrighty - so I quit washing the dishes and went and sat by my precious boy. He was happy after that. LOL!
We got him his first "Bag o'Dinosaurs" recently - boy- does he love those! "Dinos" have even had to come in the bath with him. I have a sneaking feeling that a Dinosaur theme might be his 2nd birthday. At least I found some cute cakes for that! It's either going to be this or bicycles- which he calls "Bye Sybils". He's the heart of his classroom at school. Poor munchkin got bitten by another kid for the 1st time last week. The teacher called and her 1st words were "Camp's ok". Well, if that isn't enough to make any heart drop! He and another child were wrestling - and yep - he got bitten on the face by his right ear. Looked like he had a permanent kiss mark on his face. The teacher said he was fine - cried for 2.3 seconds and then forgot about it. That's my sweet boy!
We had my father's 60th birthday party this past Sunday - Camp was very excited to see "D-Daddy" and sat in his lap most of the time. Even helped D-Daddy blow out his candles. :) He and Andy made plates for Na-Na and D-Daddy to have with their handprints. He adores his Na-Na - and just wanted to hug her. She makes him laugh and smile - and that always makes my heart sing.
Andy has had a busy month too! He's (this) close to crawling - but still hasn't managed to kick one of his legs out from behind him. I have a feeling that in his new class - he'll learn quickly. But - what he HAS learned to do is to pull up! This happened last week! He's adorable while he's doing so - because he just gets this rumbly laugh going the entire time he's standing! Once he's completely upright - he just chuckles and smiles. Precious lamb. Oh - and he had a goldfish cracker over the weekend!! And last night - I gave him a sippy cup to start introducing that idea - he "sorta" got it - but not really - to him it represented another giant chew toy.
We've offically taken out the bath seat - which is cute to see 2 little bare bottoms playing in the tub. Camp has also started showing more interest in the loo - I won't go into details, but you get the idea.
We had a wonderful playdate this past weekend. Our 1st one. My friend Amy brought over her beautiful daughter and she played with the boys! I thought they did so well - and little Grace with her amazing smile. Man - I ache for a little girl. One day - maybe. Grace liked to play with the house toy - and laughed and smiled. We gave Camp and Grace mac-n-cheese and hotdogs for lunch - they devoured it! It was Grace's 1st hotdog experience. She did wonderfully.
I'm so thankful for everything I've got. I admit - this last couple of months haven't been easy and I've been down in the dumps. But every single day, I gather my boys into my arms and thank God for them. No matter what happens during the day - the moment I walk into Camp's class and he yells "Mama!" and runs to me with his arms thrown up - it all disappears.
It's funny - I talk to people who never wanted kids and who have them now - and its amazing how much perspective changes. My older sister wasn't sure she wanted children - but she is a natural Mama - and her son is so wonderful. And she's just great at it. My younger sister is also a brilliant Mama - so we're all lucky and blessed. I can't imagine my life without my two children - nor would I want to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home