Name:
Location: South Carolina, United States

I am 34, married to a wonderful man - Jason. We've been together for 12 years now - and married for 8. I'm a Mama of 2 boys and one gorgeous baby girl!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Day one in the life of Boys

Well...
This is new and interesting. My friend Amy got me started on writing a blog - how cool is THIS? I keep a diary for each of my 2 boys.. but now I had an online place, just for ME! Maybe I should introduce myself, or something.

Well - I'm a Mama. 31, married - and have my 2 precious boys - Camp and Andy. Camp is a family name - short for Campbell, and Andy is short for Andrew- after a beloved cousin of mine. I also own a slew of dogs and cats, and work full time. Yes - I stay very busy.
Now - a little about my two sons. I struggled for years with infertility. So, after shots, and IUD's and all that fun, I decided to have Gastric Bypass in July 03. I have PCOS - so that makes me insulin restistant and more apt to gain weight - which makes me me insulin resistant, and so on..
Anyway - I had the surgery adn lost a lot of weight - 100 pounds in 6 months. So in Feb 04, my Reproductive Endocrinologist decided to try 1 cycle to see how my new improved body reacted to the Gonal-F. Well - in November, Camp was born. I can't tell you how very amazing that felt. to have miscarriages, and finally, finally have my miracle boy - wow. Then, in March of 05.. I was feeling SO tired all the time. I wasn't even late, but I decided to test - why the heck not? And sure enough - PG! Andy was born in November as well. They are 1 year and 9 days apart.


My boys - I can't even describe. Camp is active, and vivacious and stubborn and smart. He absolutely loves to entertain whomever will watch and play. He loves to laugh. His newest trick is to "tickle" people. So - he sticks out his pointer finger and pokes you - and then cracks himself up in the process. Sweet, silly boy. His smile lights up my world.
Andy is my happy, chubby baby. He's so laid back and just loves to coo and talk and smile. Today, after we got home, I had him playing in his bouncey seat, and he just starts running. LOL! I don't know where he was going - but hey - he was running. And laughing. He's got a bit of a cold right now - so that makes him all stuffy.. poor monkey. But my favorite thing about Andy is that he's just so happy. And he's SO chubby. He'll be 5 months old on the 15th - and we had him weighed at the dr. office yesterday - and he's 19.8 pounds. WOW. Big boy.

I'm married to Jason - I love him deeply. We just celebrated our 6th anniversary this past Saturday. Amazing how fast time flies. 10 years together, 6 years married. unreal. And for the most part, we've been very happy. I think I fall in love with him all over again when I see him holding and playing one of the boys. So sweet. And how he takes my hands when we're driving, and just holds them.

The other thing that's going on in our household - my beloved cat Niles is missing. My parents came up to babysit the boys for the night on our anniversary, and they let Niles out. He's an indoor only kitty - and he's been missing ever since. I can't stand it. I just wish I could see him again and hold him and hug him and see his sweet little face looking expectantly, and his sweet little meow. I keep dreaming about him. I wish I knew. I miss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home